This is another type of mortgage that can help low earners and first-time buyers onto the property ladder. Shared ownership
allows you to purchase a portion of a property and pay rent on the remaining amount to a housing authority or property developer.
So, if you were purchasing 75% of a property, you would need to secure a mortgage for that amount. The other 25% would be owned by a local authority or property developer. You can then choose to purchase more of the property further down the line.